I know, I know, Monday is hardly anyone’s favourite day of the week. And when it’s a rainy Monday afternoon *grumble, grumble, grumble…* But, as the old saying goes, every cloud has a silver lining. And this week’s good news is that you’re but a few sleeps away from the inaugural Startup Weekend Perth!
We have a bunch of updates to share over the coming days via these emails, our blog and the SWPerth2012 Yammer network to ensure that everyone is ready to hit the ground running come Friday evening. Tomorrow we’ve got some pitch tips, followed by a reminder of the resources that are at your disposal, a last minute wrap and *ta-daa* announcement of the prizes that our esteemed judges will be awarding on Sunday night.
Remember, registration starts from 6pm sharp at Spacecubed, 45 St George’s Terrace. We’ll have some drinks to calm your nerves and a light dinner will be served until 7:15, at which point we’ll clear the stage for our facilitator Dave Moskovitz to kick things off. Pitches will begin shortly thereafter so don’t dilly-dally!
What do you need to bring?
- Your idea and a sharp 60-second pitch (more on this tomorrow). If you don’t have an idea, just hook up with the coolest one you see on Friday… Easy!
- An open mind – new people, new ideas, fast action and a high-voltage environment.
- Your laptop/tablet – there will be wifi on site all weekend and this will be your workstation.
- Your charger – there’s always some unlucky soul running around looking for a spare.
- Personal hygiene – it’s a close weekend, we’re all hanging out together in one place. As a courtesy please don’t be the stinkbomb we all have to put up with.
- Some cash – #SWPerth is catered and there will be snacks and drinks throughout, but if you have high tastes or are really fussy…
- Student ID – if you’re on a student ticket you’ll need it or a compulsory upgrade (for a fee).
- A smile – Trust us, you’re going to have a ball!
See you at Spacecubed on Friday, 6pm sharp!